ADVANCE YOUR CYBERSECURITY CAREER WITH MCI
Career Advancement Opportunities for Cybersecurity Professionals
Over 340,000 cybersecurity jobs available in U.S. in 2017*
Unfilled cybersecurity positions to grow to 1.8M globally by 2022**
According to U.S. national intelligence officials, the cyber threat is the greatest challenge facing the United States. Cyberattacks, security breaches, compliance challenges, and new technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, social media, and Internet of Things) continually fuel the demand for qualified cybersecurity professionals. Thus, for experienced cybersecurity professionals, especially those who hold a security clearance and DoD 8570–compliant certification, the opportunities for career advancement are extraordinary.
Cybersecurity Career Path Focused Advancement Program
MCI partners with universities to offer graduate-level degree programs to help professionals enter the expanding cybersecurity field and to continue to advance along the cybersecurity career path. These programs are designed to:
- Train professionals, including veterans, to become cybersecurity job-ready
- Provide relevant, hands-on project experience through virtual practicums/internships
- Help professionals advance in the highly compensated cybersecurity sector
- Help employers cost-effectively reduce the shortage of job-ready cybersecurity professionals
These programs provide the following to students:
- Graduate cybersecurity courses developed and taught by expert practitioners
- DoD 8570–compliant certification preparation (e.g., CEH, CISSP, CAP)
Learn how you can advance to more senior cybersecurity positions here.
**Center for Cyber Safety and Education, Global Information Security Workforce Study (GISWS), 2017