Students review and analyze the compliance implications of selected cloud security policies and methods with a specific focus on the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and FedRAMP.
Students will work with their NIST RMF/FedRAMP practitioner instructor to produce NIST RMF/FedRAMP projects by participating in weekly virtual discussions, as well as completing weekly assignments and project reports. They will attend bi-weekly, live virtual seminars led by their instructor.
You Will Learn How To:
- Demonstrate ability to determine the compliance implications of federal cybersecurity policies for the various categories of clients served
- Demonstrate business communication skills for job-readiness
- Define and analyze risk tolerance as it applies to an organization’s decision-making process
- Analyze CAP Domain learning contributions to certification preparation
- Analyze the NIST RMF approach to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Apply the NIST RMF to a practical scenario for addressing FISMA compliance
- Evaluate the Joint Task Force Transformation Initiative (JTFTI)
- Analyze systems for categorization and align with policy and guidance
- Develop a System Security Plan appropriate for a system
- Determine if any part of a system is cloud-based
- Identify the requirements of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and apply appropriate controls
- Develop Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) Strategy